Date/Time: April 1, 2021 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
As plastic waste continues to threaten the globe, companies are making ambitious commitments and joining with partners to do their part. This new class of plastics goals include designing for recyclability, investing in recycling infrastructure and exploring material innovations, charting and reporting progress and helping to bring more partners in to drive collection action. But what happens behind the scenes once these commitments are announced? And what will it take for companies to achieve these ambitious targets one they’ve been set?
This hour-long webinar will explore opportunities to move from aspirations and commitments to practical action. Attendees will learn:
- How large companies are partnering with NGOs and others to take collective action on ambitious goals.
- How companies like Coca Cola are approaching strategic action including setting realistic and ambitious goals, engaging partners and rallying teams behind a common cause.
- How the process of implementing meaningful change varies across industries and geographies.
- Common challenges companies face in combating plastic waste, and how to overcome them.
- Lauren Phipps, Director & Senior Analyst, Circular Economy, GreenBiz
- Alpa Sutaria, VP & General Manager, Sustainability, North America Operating Unit, The Coca-Cola Company
- Erin Simon, Head, Plastic Waste and Business, WWF
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.