The new imaging solutions will facilitate greater precision for image analysis while achieving faster measurement speeds
Radiant Vision Systems has announced that it will launch new high-resolution imaging metrology solutions for scientific test and measurement at the virtual Display Week 2021 exhibition.
Applied for scientific metrology, the company’s ProMetric Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers ensure quality displays and are optimised to balance measurement accuracy and speed for applications in display test labs and high-throughput production lines.
ProMetric imaging systems feature optical filters that match standard CIE colour-matching functions, enabling light measurement that simulates the human photopic response. Each ProMetric measurement capitalises on the full resolution of the system’s calibrated, temperature-stabilised image sensor, quantifying light values such as luminance, chromaticity, and intensity across millions of data points in seconds. Capturing data across the entire display at once ensures the efficiency of display test applications, where multiple points must be measured and rapidly compared to evaluate uniformity, contrast, random defects, mura and pixel-level variation.
The new imaging solutions will continue to provide scientific quantification of light and colour values for display testing, capturing more granular data for metrology as well as enhancing image analysis for detecting surface defects in device finish quality and cover glass inspection. While achieving faster measurement speeds than current ProMetric systems, the new imaging photometers and colourimeters will capture millions of more data points per measurement image for greater precision during analysis, unlocking new applications for display manufacturers whose processes rely on:
- Consistent measurement accuracy for increasingly small pixels (such as microLEDs)
- Higher pixel densities (more pixels per inch, or PPI)
- Higher angular resolutions (more pixels per degree, or PPD, as in augmented and virtual reality headsets)
- Wider fields of view
- Extended virtual image distances (as in augmented reality head-up displays, or AR HUD).
ProMetric imaging systems with software test packages can provide automated visual inspection for:
- Production-level quality control: Creating inline inspection routines that leverage software to synchronise test images, imager functions, and multi-step measurement and analysis sequences for fully automated visual inspection (using TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software).
- MicroLED, miniLED, OLED and other emissive displays: Applying high-resolution imaging and patented image analysis methods for pixel-level measurement and correction (called demura, or pixel uniformity correction).
- Augmented, virtual and mixed reality displays: Accurately evaluating visual elements in angular space as seen from the human eye position in headsets and glasses (applying Radiant’s AR/VR Lens).
- Automotive head-up displays: Combining imaging systems, electronically adjustable lenses and TT-HUD software for comprehensive, automated inspection of HUDs including new AR HUDs.
Organised by the Society for Information Display (SID), Display Week provides a forum for electronic display technology. The event will take place online Monday through Friday, May 17-21, 2021 with virtual exhibition, technical program, and networking available throughout the week, 24 hours a day.
For lighting, electrical, signage, and technology solutions that allow you to do more call Sverige Energy today at +4(670) 4122522.