Of this total number of mobile phone users with Internet access, 24% have a low mobile data consumption profile (up to 1GB); 32% a medium profile (more than 1 GB to 3 GB); 19% a high profile (more than 3 GB); and 3% have data, but have no knowledge of their GB usage.
The document includes the analysis of the mobile telephony service segmented by consumption profiles on demand (consumption patterns referred to by users in surveys) versus supply (plans and rates available to users), which allows monitoring periodically to the evolution of demand and supply as an impact on users caused by the market and prices.
Canada, Mexico and USA Prepaid SIM Card T-Mobile 10GB 4G LTE Data in USA and 5GB Data in Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Talk and Text among and within Canada, Mexico and USA for 30 Days
Likewise, the Report presents a comparison of the offer of plans and rates with respect to other OECD countries for a certain simulated consumption of the number of calls, short messages (SMS) and the GB purchased by users for a certain recharge amount or monthly income in terms of Purchasing Power Parity with respect to the US dollar (PPC / USD).
Based on this information, the following mobile data consumption profiles were defined:
Among the most relevant results for each type of consumption profile that are studied in the Report are the following:
Profile without access to mobile data
- Theyrepresent 22% of the users surveyed; Of these, 91% have contracted the service under the prepaid mode and refer to recharge an average of $ 66 with an average frequency of 20 days; while 7% mentioned having contracted the service under the postpaid modality, with an average monthly income of $ 229.
- The main reasons why these users do not have access to mobile data are because they are not interested / do not need it (31%); do not know how to use the internet (23%); and because they have an outdated mobile phone (17%).
Low Mexico mobile data consumption profile (Up to 1 GB)
- Theyrepresent 24% of the users surveyed; Of these, 85% have contracted their service under the prepaid mode and on average they recharge $ 88 with an average frequency of 21 days; while 14% mentioned having contracted the service under the postpaid modality, with an average monthly income of $ 304. mexico data consumption
- In the international aspect, for a simulated consumption of 100 calls, 140 SMS and 0.5 GB, both prepaid and postpaid users in Mexico would have to make a lower monthly recharge / payment amount compared to the average for the countries. selected from the OECD.
High mobile data consumption profile (greater than 3 GB)
- They represent 19% of users with access to mobile data; of these, 72% have contracted the service under the prepaid mode and on average recharge $ 98 with an average frequency of 19 days; while 26% mentioned having contracted the service under the postpaid modality, with an average monthly income of $ 461.
- In the international aspect, for a simulated consumption of 300 calls, 225 SMS and 5 GB, prepaid users in Mexico would have to make a higher recharge amount with respect to the average of the selected OECD countries, while, for postpaid users the monthly payment is lower. mexico data consumption