Online grocery platforms are in our pockets, squeezed into apps, tickling innovation and making headlines. Though all platforms can pave the way to our pockets, only a few get to sit on our lips. One of these few is Amazon Fresh Clone App.
From gaining notoriety to going gratis, Amazon Fresh intensified the grocery game rules. The proof of its power can be found in the phenomenal fiscal first-quarter sales overall on April 29. Does it come as a surprise considering Amazon gets A+ every time it gets tested by time, tech, or titans? It doesn’t hesitate to get its hands dirty in an attempt to clutch the market shares.
To assemble the future of grocery, Amazon brought another supermarket chain, Amazon Fresh, into the grocery world in 2009. At the time, Amazon already had its hands on Whole Foods Market, the supermarket chain it acquired for $13.7 billion in 2017.
With the roots of its impressive infrastructure spread throughout America, Berlin, Hamburg, London, Milan, Munich, Rome, Tokyo, Singapore, and India, Amazon Fresh is impossible to avoid. Even after spreading so fast across countries, this all-encompassing grocery hub is still a zip code lottery. To find out if Amazon Fresh sits anywhere near you, enter your zip code at the Amazon Fresh website.
How Much Does Amazon Fresh App Cost Its Users?
Walking You Through ‘The Basics’ Boulevard
- Most things you can grab walking the aisles of a grocery store, you can find on Amazon Fresh. It is laced with a large selection of over 500,000 products (local, organic, and seasonal).
- Amazon Prime members aren’t charged with any subscription fee, but Amazon Prime subscription costs $119 per year or $12.99 per month.
Amazon played outside its own turf to slip into the supermarket stardom.
- Orders under $35 or $50 (depends upon the region) are delivered to the doorsteps after charging a $10 delivery fee.
- Amazon Fresh slaps its users with convenience. Users have the option of choosing a 2-hour window on the most convenient day for delivery.
- Individuals on Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can use Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) to pay for food.
- Individuals of only selected regions have the privilege to order alcoholic beverages.
Amazon Isn’t The Only Dreamer Of Fast Grocery Delivery Service
When Amazon Fresh was winning the grocery war, Walmart’s wonder didn’t seem to find an end. It later unveiled its Amazon Prime-like membership program, Walmart+. When you make an order of less than $30, Walmart waives delivery fees of $10.
Does Walmart have something more to offer than Amazon Fresh? The answer is options, but the question remains: would Walmart+ be able to compete with a competitor having a 15-year head start?
Instacart is another giant that Amazon Fresh gets to play a tug of war with. This Amazon Fresh-like app that operates in the United States and Canada, asks for $99 as an entry fee, annually. Make orders over $35, and the giant will waive the $3.99 delivery fee. Unlike Amazon, Instacart unveils only per-unit prices when you click on an item. No wonder why 90% of the online shoppers head to Amazon to compare prices.
Amazon Fresh isn’t the only grocery gamer in town. So, what will help Amazon clone apps stand out in the sea of competition? What is it that could appeal to consumers? The answer is embedded in Amazon Fresh’s value proposition, delivery infrastructure, fan base, product assortment, and price strategy.
Amazon Fresh’s Value Proposition
Give Amazon Fresh a close look. What looks like a conventional store is actually a digitally integrated one – a store merchandised to master consumer behavior, a store that spells a seamless shopping experience. Even an intensely competitive market has failed to shake the surface Amazon Fresh is built on.
Amazon’s Value Proposition Formula = Lower Operating Cost x Flexibility to meet buyers’ changing needs
Amazon’s Fan Base
Amazon Fresh entered the grocery industry with a silver spoon in its mouth. It is backed by Amazon’s money. Amazon’s record of customers is also something that fuels Amazon Fresh to flaunt its services. Amazon’s astounding traffic makes Amazon Fresh impossible to avoid.
Amazon’s Price Strategy
How can we forget a 5% cashback reward users receive for using Amazon Prime Store Card and Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card? Consistently low prices allow Fresh store customers to save money.
Amazon’s Expertise In Delivery
Amazon Fresh stores sit in the middle of its target market areas. Thus, its already established delivery infrastructure boosts its capability to serve the last mile.
Higher density of nearby orders ∝ lower delivery cost
While some may discount Amazon Fresh’s format as too conventional, it holds the power to operate profitably even in extremely competitive environments. It’s a store format that entrepreneurs have started mimicking.
What also piques the interest of entrepreneurs is Amazon Fresh Clone Apps’ ability to perfectly blend online and offline shopping. Entrepreneurs are getting engaged with technology to dart the e-grocery market with an Amazon Fresh-like app. They are scanning the market for ready-made and feature-rich grocery solutions. Who doesn’t want to knock off the working of an ordinary brick-and-mortar store?
With an Amazon Fresh clone app, one can build an online grocery solution without much of a stretch. This online grocery solution bracket is usually filled with Android and iOS apps, a web panel, and a modern dashboard. Thinking of an end number of contrasts you’ll be considering?
Amazon Fresh Clone App Features That Grab Every Eye
- Product Segregation: Other grocery store offerings pale in comparison to Amazon Fresh. Category-wise segregation of different items injects ease into customers’ shopping experience.
- Product Re-Ordering: This feature is our personal favorite. Consumers crave the convenience of re-ordering the whole package with just one click. Seamless re-ordering of the same product saves valuable time for the shoppers.
- Digitally-Enabled Service: Think of an app that shakes hands with Artificial Intelligence (AI). You guessed it right! We are talking about Alexa, a smart voice assistant of Amazon. It takes the uncertainty out of navigating the online grocery store. You can bark an order at Alexa or simply ask it to compare prices, make a shopping list, add items into the cart, and access new deals.
- Advertisements: Amazon Fresh Clone app doesn’t allow retailers to sell their products. It makes products sell themselves. Retailers can use the Amazon Fresh Clone app to boost brands’ awareness and customer loyalty – the loyalty that translates itself into sales after a while. The app allows retailers to publish ads on the platform.
- Amazon Fresh x Amazon Pay: Consumers find their excitement at its peak when processing transaction is as easy as scanning a QR code. Not to mention the benefits of exciting rewards and Corporate Gift Cards, Amazon Fresh is embellished with money-saving deals.
- 24×7 Technical Support: Shoppers’ issues are solved in the blink of an eye when a 24×7 technical support system is embedded into the app.
The grocery market was still in its infancy when Amazon poured money into it. Now, the global market share for online grocery is expected to reach $6663.33 billion by 2024. The online grocery industry’s growth literally went through the roof. Could there be any better time to enter into the online grocery market business?
How Welcoming The Market Is For An Amazon Fresh Clone App?
Stood at $34.3 billion in 2019, the online grocery sales touched $106 billion in 2020 after growing at a CAGR of 10.2%. Take a look at the graph: Even COVID couldn’t clutch the online grocery market.
The online grocery shopping numbers are expected to weave their way through the market, says Business Insider Intelligence. From 34% of the grocery market in 2020, the numbers are expected to grow to 55% -66% in 2024.
Walmart weaved wonder by taking the first and second spot on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, respectively, in 2020. Amazon Fresh, too, didn’t fail to amaze anyone. It also recorded a 20% increase in app downloads. Grocery delivery apps became the talk of Google town. The spike in people’s interest speaks for the importance of building an Amazon Fresh clone app.
Wondering, what if the popularity of Amazon Fresh clone apps vanishes along with the pandemic? The volume of online grocery sales is bound to grow to $28 billion by 2020, says eMarketer. With pandemic, a bigger number can be seen piercing the online grocery market with popularity.
The growth of grocery apps doesn’t dare to stop when it’s the convenience that rides consumers’ interest. The online grocery app industry only knows how to grow. Fortunately, the terms “decline” or “failure” don’t exist in its dictionary.