This February, the annual 3DEXPERIENCE World event will look a little different. With an eye on safety during the global pandemic the event will be 100% virtual this year and conference admission will also be 100% free. That’s right, you will be able to access to three days of General Sessions, over 120 technical breakout sessions and hear from the selected keynote speakers – all virtually and all for free.
In a message from Gian Paolo Bassi, CEO of Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS, he said, “while we would rather be there in person—as I’m sure many of you would too—the upside of a virtual event is that we can include so many more people than in years past. This will provide an opportunity to extend our SOLIDWORKS user connection globally – with no physical limits!”
So now that you really don’t have a good excuse not to attend, we have your must-know information for navigating this year’s new virtual event format.
Each day of the conference starts with a general session where everyone gathers together to listen to speakers consisting of engineers, athletes, innovators, CEOs, presidents, company founders, industry leaders and more. You’ll hear stories about how these people started their own company, changed the path a company was on or even how their life was affected by this technology. We don’t think anyone will leave the room uninspired and you’ll have new ideas and motivation to help grow your own business.
Once you register so you can add each general session to your calendar, so you don’t miss the webcast! The themes for each session will be as follows:
Day 1: From Things to Life
The opening General Session will set the stage for three days of conversations with the people and businesses who make up the 3DEXPERIENCE Works universe. Featured speakers will discuss how they build on human imagination to create new ways of innovating, collaborating, and connecting with their customers.
Hear Duncan Wardle, former Head of Innovation and Creativity at Disney, and Founder of iD8 and innov8, present his unique approach to Design Thinking, which helps people capture unlikely connections, leading to fresh thinking and disruptive ideas
Day one has four exciting speakers: Bernard Charlès, Gian Paolo Bassi,Duncan Wardle and Jim Keravala. (See full bios)
Day 2: From Products to Experience
The next day starts as a “choose your own adventure” style meeting because you get the chance to pick between two concurrent general sessions for a deep dive into a topic. Learn how you can connect the people, applications and real-time data from every aspect of your business to improve productivity, increase collaboration, and accelerate innovation.
Special guest speaker, Frank Stephenson, Design Director of Frank Stephenson Design, will address sustainable design at the intersection of art, science and technology.
Deep Dive Session 1:
- Product Excellence Through Simulation
- Hassle Free Data Management
Deep Dive Session 2:
- The Future of Design and Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Software Excellence
Day two speakers include Frank Stephenson, Noah Podolefsky, Florence Hu-Aubigny, Manish Kumar, Cheri Williams, Steve Bieszczat, Trevor Diehl, Shannon Holloway, Mark Martel, Lisa Costa, Steve Fick, Patrick Brochu, Delphine Genouvrier, Stephen Endersby, Michael Buchli, Mike Sande, Chris Cleary and Kurt Anliker. (See full bios)
Day 3: From Connections to Relationships
On the last day, we have one final opportunity to hear from industry pioneers and learn how the skills and strategies everyone shared at World can come together and help your company power innovation, growth and prosperity even in in unprecedented times. In many respects the event saves some of the bets speakers for last.
Special guest speaker Jason Pohl, of American Chopper fame, will share his extensive design and manufacturing expertise in creating custom parts from the initial concept sketch to 3D sculpting, programming, and machining of the final product.
The final speakers are Suchit Jain, Tej Patel, Brent Bushnell, Matt Carney, Jason Pohl, Grant Delgatty, Eric Beatty and Oscar Velazquez. (See full bios)
3DEXPERIENCE World 2021 will include over 300 educational and training sessions where you can learn new skills and discover tricks to overcome everyday challenges. Ten of our seasoned TriMech application engineers will be sharing their expertise during eleven different training sessions on simulation, PDM templates, 3DEXPERIENCE, rendering, mesh modeling, assemblies and more.
World always brings a big crowd, so make sure to sign up before these sessions are filled! You can check out the full session agenda here.
SOLIDWORKS User Group Network
The SOLIDWORKS User Group Network (SWUGN) is the core community of users that makes SOLIDWORKS such a popular product world-wide! Whether you’re an avid user of SOLIDWORKS or not, you’re encouraged to register to learn about the user group network and about your specific local group. 3DEXPERIENCE World is a great opportunity to connect and learn with your local and/or regional leaders and discover how you can get involved!
3DEXPERIENCE Playground & Model Mania
Previously know as the Partner Pavilion, the 3DEXPERIENCE Playground will also be virtual this year. This is still your best opportunity to see demos and learn about new technology, tools and applications going into 2021. This year there are five different playground areas!
- Education Zone – This is focusing on the future of 3D design by highlighting products and designs created by students from high school through university engineering programs.
- Shop Floor – Take a virtual tour of three design and manufacturing customers who are innovating and pushing the boundaries of automation and technology to stay ahead of an ever-changing world. The shop floor will also contain a live Q&A session to ask the companies questions and further understand the challenges and successes in their manufacturing areas. See the latest schedule updates here.
- Model Mania – Back for its 22nd year, Model Mania will be the place to display your talents to the greater SOLIDWORKS community. This section is not for the weak! Here you can go head to head against other users to show-off your design skills where it comes to speed and accuracy while modeling as well as how you handle changing and analyzing a design.
- 3DEXPERIENCE Lab – This year Dassault Système are showcasing some of the most innovative projects from the world of makers and startups. Accompany Frederic Vacher, Head of Innovation, on a virtual tour of the 3DEXPERIENCE Lab, and watch him interact with real-time scientific data models of projects in an immersive environment.
There will also be a deep dive into the Dassault Systèmes COVID-19 response which was led by the 3DEXPERIENCE Lab through an OPEN COVID-19 community of designers, engineers, makers and subject experts, all working together to help accelerate innovations relevant to fighting the pandemic.
- Sponsor Hub – This is where you will find all the information you need about select SOLIDWORKS Partners. It’s the place to discover many of the amazing and innovative partner products and services in the SOLIDWORKS community.
One of the advantages of a virtual event is that speakers and sessions can be added to the listing at any time! Follow the latest news and updates for the event on the 3DEXPERIENCE WORLD 2021 website.